Purchase Full List Here
- Separate the eggs, beat the egg whites and mix yolks with sugar until creamy (with hand mixer). Add the yolk mixture to the egg whites and gently hand mix through. Sift flour with cocoa powder, add them to the other ingredients and gently hand mix until well combined. Pour the mixture into a 24cm round cake pan (protected with baking paper) and bake at 180°C for about 25 min. Let it cool down, take it out of the pan and remove the baking paper.
- Mix (with hand mixer) blueberries, lemon juice, sugar and gelatine powder. Whip the cream and add it to the fruit mixture and gently hand mix until well combined.
- Horizontally cut the biscuit in half, put the bottom half into the cake pan and soak it with milk. Pour the fruit mixture over it and spread it evenly. Put the other half of biscuit on top and soak it with milk. Put the cake in the fridge for at least 6 hours.
- For ganache, put chocolate chips and thickened cream in a heatproof bowl, microwave for 1 min and mix for 1 min. Repeat until you get an even mixture. Cover it with plastic foil (make sure the foil touches the surface of the mixture) and let it rest for 12 hours on room temperature.
- Take the cake out of the fridge, gently run a knife around it and take it out of the pan. Put some ganache on a cake board and put the cake on it, so it will stick onto it. Cover the cake with ganache and evenly spread it. Cut Kit-Kats in half and stick them around the cake. Once you come around tie the ribbon around it.
- Put lollies of your choice on top of the cake and gently press them down so they stick to the ganache. You have to work quick so the ganache doesn’t get too dry to act like a glue to the lollies. In case that happens just put some more ganache on top before you start decorating.
- Keep the cake in the fridge until 1 hour before serving.