Craving a healthy dessert? Tangerine Cake is a perfect fit - sugar-free, low carb and tasty of course so it will fulfil everyone's sweet tooth. Check out the recipe below or just watch the video on our youtube channel [Our Gift Society].
Purchase Full List Here
- 2 large / 3 small tagerines + 1 for garnish
- 1 egg
- 70g sweetener
- 100g almond meal
- ½ tsp baking powder
- Peel the tangerines and put them in a saucepan covered with cold water. Boil for 15 minutes. Drain the pan, refill with cold water, and boil again for 15 minutes. This boiling removes the bitterness in the citruses.
- Rough chop the tangerines and remove any seeds, do this on a plate so you don't lose any juice. Put it all in a food processor and process until completely smooth.
- Put the egg and sugar in a mixing bowl and beat them until light and creamy. Then add almond meal, baking powder and tangerine purée and gently hand mix all the ingredients together.
- Pour the mixture into a protected 12 cm cake pan and bake for about 55 min at 175°C.
- Take the cake out of the oven, let it cool down a bit and then decorate it with some fresh tangerines.
We would love to see your tasty creations so make sure you tag us in you photos [@thegiftofcooking / @ourgiftsociety] or use #thegiftofcooking #ourgiftsociety.